Sunday, November 05, 2006

The First Week of November, 2006

Have you ever just plain forgotten what day it is? Not as in, “Oh! It’s our 5th anniversary and I don’t have any flowers!” but more like “Saturday? What are you talking about?” It’s a rare time when I forget what day of the week it is and this isn’t one of them. I actually just chose to do something else last night instead of posting.

You have my apologies, readers.

My family has been sick with Pertussis (whooping cough) for a few weeks. I’m starting to feel bad, because I haven’t contracted it from them. At the same time, I’m grateful that I’m not coughing until I vomit. The good with the bad, you know. My daughter says, “My cough is following me.” I expect her to start running around the house trying to outpace it.

They cough all day and night. It’s almost like I’m living in an alien home where there is a language that I don’t understand being used.

Cough cough cough cough = “Is the human ready for consumption yet, Mommy?”
Hack cough cough cough hack = “No, darling. He’s fat, but we have to wait another week”
Blech cough hack yark yark blech coff = “But I’m hungry now, Mommy!”
Cougha blech hack hack…uhhhh….uhhh…BLEH = Cougha blech hack hack…uhhhh…uhhh…BLEH

We watched X3: The Last Stand this weekend and, although the plot had more holes than my work clothes, it was pretty good for (A) a superhero movie and (B) a second sequel. Why have Rogue but not Gambit, folks? That’s like seeing a steak and cat food meal on the menu and ordering it without the steak. Want a side order of Jubilee with that? Geeks.

Besides that, there hasn’t really been a whole lot of anything going on around here. It rains. It’s getting colder. My son continues to slide down the stairs on his belly faster than I can go down them.

Uh oh. I hear a distinctive cough hack blech coming up the stairs. They know I’m on to them…


Some of the things I enjoy on the web:

Homestar
Ask A Ninja
News of the Weird
The Whimsey of Wildcard

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heh. Putting the 'whoop' in whooping cough. Funny ;)